The International Society of Automation (ISA), together with Malaysian National Oil Company PETRONAS, is proud to roll out the 2022 Digital Transformation Conference - Malaysia. Taking place on 5 October 2022, this event will explore how PETRONAS and other oil companies leverage machine learning, data analytics, and industrial internet of things (IIoT) technologies to streamline operations, improve life-of-field production, and increase health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) across the region.
With subject matter expert presentations, end-user case studies, and personal experiences on the acceleration of digital transformation’s safety processes, the 2022 Digital Transformation Conference – Malaysia will aim to showcase the following in the Southeast Asia region:
- Investing in, monetizing, and barriers to digital transformation in 2022
- Bridging the gap in digitizing new fields
- The future of distributed control systems (DCS): Open process automation
- Remote operations and utilizing control value diagnostics
- Adoption of the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards into Malaysian standards
- Electromagnet monitoring and predicting solenoid valve (SOV) failure
- 5G technology deployment in PETRONAS and its key challenges
- The selection of instrumentation for monitoring, measurement, and verification (MMV) of CO2 sequestration for offshore carbon capture storage (CCS) projects in Malaysia
Join ISA for our first hybrid event in Malaysia, which features an in-person, 2-day IC32 training at PETRONAS. We will dive into technology applications accelerating design, certification, and start up processes improving safety and efficiency. The training, led by veteran ISA instructor Marco Ayala, will discuss the move to using ethernet, internet protocol suites (TCP/IP), and web technologies in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and process control networks, with a detailed look at how the ISA/IEC 62443 standards framework can be used to protect critical control systems that are exposed to the same cyberattacks that have wreaked havoc on corporate information systems.
The conference will also host an in-person roundtable discussion, ISA Malaysia Tech Talk 2022 - Future Proofing Automation Workforce towards Energy Transition and Industrial Sustainability on 6 October 2022 from 0800 - 1200 GMT+8 at the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur. To learn more, visit https://programs.isa.org/dt-malaysia.
The all-day, digital transformation hybrid event runs from 0800 - 1730 GMT+8. To learn more about the conference and to register, please visit the 2022 Digital Transformation Conference – Malaysia website.
ISA offers virtual and hybrid events, including webinars, conferences, and ISA Connect Live, across a variety of topics. Learn more about ISA's upcoming events for 2022.