]TUNE YOUR LOOP: Questions to keep you sharp.
1. Which type of drawing provides detailed piping and process information, in addition to instrumentation and control information?
- Loop Wiring Diagrams
- Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- SAMA Diagrams
- None of the above[/ordered_list]
2. Which variable does the control system attempt to hold at a constant value?
- Measured Variable
- Manipulated Variable
- Controlled Variable
3. In which of the following types of processes is material first added to a vessel,
some operation takes place, and then material is removed from the vessel?
- Discrete Parts Manufacturing
- Open Loop[/ordered_list]
4. If a standard electronic pressure transmitter has a range of 50 to 250 psig (345 to
1724 kPa gage), and the pressure is 150 psig (1034 kPa gage), what is the
output in mA?
- 4 mA
- 12 mA
- 20 mA
- 50 mA[/ordered_list]
5. Which of the following level measurements is based on the weight of the liquid?
- Pressure transmitter
- Capacitor Probe
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Fundamentals of Industrial Process, Measurement, and Control (FG05) pre-instructional survey.