TUNE YOUR LOOP: Questions to keep you sharp.
1. Current does not flow in a ground loop.
2. One cause of interference through capacitive coupling is locating the signal leads too close to the interfering source.
3. Radio transmitters emit electromagnetic radiation.
4. Which of the following is a type of shielded cable?
- Coated Cable
- Contact Cable
- Shielded Twisted Pair
- All of the above
5. You can usually reduce noise in signal cables by changing their physical location.
From the ISA course Electrical Noise Effects on Instrumentation Control Equipment (TI21) pre-instructional survey.